Ibsen is now from time to time offering webinars to everyone who is interested.
What is a webinar?
A webinar is an online seminar, where you have the chance to get new or updated information about a selected topic in a rather short time.
At Ibsen you can participate in webinars with focus on Spectroscopy and Optics, and we offer How To Guides as well.
You can participate in a webinar from home, from your office or from a hotel while travelling on business. All it requires is that you have access to a computer, a tablet or a smartphone along with a stabil internet connection.
How does it work?
Once you have signed up with a webinar, you receive a an email with a link that will give you access to the webinar. We will send you a reminder the day before it starts. A webinar generally takes about 60 minutes, and during you will have the opportunity to ask questions to the presenter(s) through a chat function.
A webinar is often presented by one or more experts with knowledge about the topic.
Once the webinar is over, you will receive the presentation and a link to access the recording of the webinar. This gives you the opportunity to rewatch the webinar – also if you are unable to participate in the live event.
How can I prepare for a webinar?
We recommend that you:
- Log on to the webinar ahead of time to make sure if works
- Use headphones, as this provides a better sound
- Use Google Chrome as your browser, if possible
- Close all other programs that use your internet connection, e.g. Skype or your email program
If you are joining the webinar on your smartphone or tablet:
- Download the GoToWebinar app in the Apple App Store or Google Play
- Log in with the Webinar ID rather than the link in the email
We use GoToMeeting as our webinar platform. You can find support here.
What do I do, if the connection is bad?
If the connection goes bad during the webinar, or if you have problems with the sound, you can try one or more of the following:
- Close all other programs using your internet connection – e.g. Skype or your email program
- Use a fixed internet connection rather than a wireless
- Open the webinar in another browser (Google Chrome is recommended, but other browsers like Internet Explore, Firefox, Edge and Safari can also be used if you have the newest version)
- Update your screen by clicking F5 or Ctrl + R
- Restart the webinar by closing the window and log in again. Consider restarting your browser first
- Open the webinar on another device (e.g. smartphone, tablet or computer)
- If you don’t have any sound in your headset, then try to call into the webinar with your phone instead. The phone number is included in the email you have received with the link to the webinar
If nothing of the above works, then you can write to your webinar host either by using the chat in the webinar or by email.