Vertriebsingenieur / Key Account Manager DACH
Ibsen Photonics A/S is recruiting a Senior Sales Representative to be responsible for sales of Ibsen’s range of high performance OEM spectrometers in the DACH region.
The position offers a unique opportunity to focus on developing strong, long-term customer relationships, deploying Ibsen’s leading-edge technology platform of OEM spectrometers based on our in-house designed and manufactured transmission gratings.
Targeted Industries and Sales Cycle
The key accounts for OEM spectrometers are major scientific, medical and pharmaceutical instrument companies.
The sales cycle typically extends over a period of 1-5 years, beginning with the design of an OEM spectrometer for the customer in the early phase of product development, and extending through product testing and regulatory approval to product launch and volume production.
The role of the Senior Sales Representative
You will be part of the Spectrometer Sales team, reporting directly to Thomas Rasmussen, VP of Sales & Marketing.
After initial product training, your main task will be to develop existing and new accounts in the DACH region. You are expected to communicate directly with the various stakeholders at our customers on a sufficient technical and commercial level to understand their needs and propose the right solutions for them.
You will undergo extensive product training at our Company Headquarters in Farum, Denmark, where you will get to know the company culture, and the support offered by our R&D and production operations.
We expect you to work from your home office, preferably in Southern Germany. You will be expected to travel 20 – 30 days per quarter.
Your tasks will include:
- Identification and closing of new business opportunities
- Participation in shows and exhibitions
- Regular customer visits and daily customer calls
- Engage with customer’s engineering teams on technical level
- Prepare commercial and technical project proposals for customers
- Engaging with customer’s executive/management level on commercial issues
- Structured reporting of activities and progress in the company’s CRM system
Your background and skills:
The position could be filled by either
a) An Engineer in Optics/Spectroscopy/Physics with interest and experience in B2B sales or
b) A candidate with a mercantile education and experience in independently selling of highly technical solution to large organizations.
- At least 3 years’ experience in B2B selling of projects to large customer organizations at Executive level
- Selling of measurement instrument / Optics / Spectroscopy
- Experience working from your home office as a single employee in a region
- Structured and analytical approach to everything you do
- You are strongly service minded and find pleasure in working with customers to find the right, value adding solutions
- Good inter-personal skills, allowing you to engage naturally and positively in diverse customer teams and settings
- You have the ability to understand customer needs and convert these into relevant product offerings
- A good understanding of the various DACH business cultures
- Fluent in written and spoken German
- Good skills in spoken and written English
If this position has your interest, please send an application including your CV to Margot Kjerulff (email@example.com). If you want more information about the position please call Thomas Rasmussen (+45 4434 7019) or Henrik Skov Andersen (+45 4434 7023).
Deadline for applications: June 15, 2018
About Ibsen Photonics
Ibsen Photonics A/S’ core technology is the design and manufacture of optical diffraction gratings and spectrometers. We supply gratings to companies and research institutions worldwide, and build them into highly efficient, compact spectrometer modules, which we sell to leading instruments manufacturers worldwide.
Ibsen Photonics employs 37 people in Farum, Denmark, and is owned by Foss A/S, a world leader in analytical solutions for the agricultural industry, with an annual turnover of 2 Billion DKK and more than 1.300 employees.