DACH Business Development Manager
Ibsen Photonics A/S is recruiting a Business Development Manager to be responsible for growing the customer base for Ibsen’s range of high performance OEM spectrometers in the DACH region.
The position offers a unique opportunity to define and execute an outreach strategy in a large region, building upon Ibsen’s leading edge technology platform of OEM spectrometers.
Targeted Industries and Sales Cycle
The target B2B accounts for OEM spectrometers are major scientific, medical, industrial and pharmaceutical instrument companies.
Typically, our customers want a tailor-made version rather than an off-the shelf product. Therefore the initial sale is likely to be a spectrometer development project including some prototypes.
The full sales cycle typically extends over a period of 1-5 years, beginning with the design of an OEM spectrometer for the customer in the early phase of product development, and extending through product testing and regulatory approval to product launch and volume production.
The role of the Business Development Manager
You will be part of the Spectrometer Sales team, reporting directly to Thomas Rasmussen, VP of Sales & Marketing.
Your main tasks will be to research the DACH region to identify and connect with new prospects and set up meetings and demonstrations of our products. You are expected to communicate directly with the various stakeholders at our customers on a sufficient technical and commercial level to understand their needs and propose the right solutions for them as well as closing the first orders for prototypes.
You will undergo extensive training at our Company Headquarters in Farum, Denmark, where you will get to know the company culture, target market segments, product portfolio and the support offered by our team.
You are located in either Denmark or Germany and can work from your home office. You will be expected to travel 15 – 20 days per quarter.
Your tasks will include:
- Research to identify new prospect in targeted market segments in the DACH region
- Reaching out to new prospects to set up calls, meetings and demonstrations
- Closing sales to new prospects
- Participation in seminars to meet new prospects and stay up-to-date on industry specific trends.
- Engaging with customers on a technical level
- Engaging with customers’ executive/management level on commercial issues
- Structured reporting on activities and progress in the company’s CRM system
Your background and skills:
The position can be filled by a candidate with a mercantile education and experience in prospecting of highly technical solution to large organisations:
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in B2B prospecting and value selling to large customer organisations at executive level
- A strong desire to talk to new customers every day and structure your work day to accomplish this
- Good analytical skills to research the market for new potential prospects
- Selling of measurement instruments / Optics / Spectroscopy
- Experience working from your home office as a single employee in a region
- A good understanding of the DACH business cultures.
- Fluent in written and spoken German
- Good skills in written and spoken English
If you believe you are the right candidate for the position, please send an application including your CV to Margot Kjerulff (email@example.com). If you want more information about the position please call Thomas Rasmussen, VP of Sales & Marketing, on +45 4434 7019.
About Ibsen Photonics
At Ibsen Photonics we focus on our customers. We have ambitious growth plans, and were recognised a Gazelle company in both 2018 and 2019. We work actively with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and strive to make our business fully sustainable.
You will join a company that employs 55 people at our facility in Farum, and sold for more than 100 MDKK in 2019.
Ibsen Photonics is majority owned by Foss A/S, a world leader in analytical solutions for the agricultural industry, with an annual turnover of 2 Billion DKK and more than 1.400 employees.