Application Specialist – OEM Spectrometers
This is your chance to help solve real-life technical challenges every day!
Ibsen Photonics is growing rapidly and we are looking for an Application Specialist for our spectrometer business unit in Farum, Denmark.
Our customers are medium to large international instrument manufacturers that integrate our spectrometers into their instruments. The physical interfaces to our products are typically USB and SPI on the electronics side and fiber optics on the optical side. As an Application Specialist, one of your primary tasks will be to help our customers with their electronics, software and optics development during the integration of our spectrometers. This also requires that you research and test new technical solutions on your own initiative.
After an initial training period, you will become responsible for global application support to our customers and sales engineers. You should expect some level of international travel and conference participation.
Your primary tasks will be the following:
- Analysis and troubleshooting of customer reported issues – including reproduction of the issues in our laboratory
- Write documentation for best practice use of our products – including coding of small software examples
- Communication via email, phone, and face-to-face meetings with our customers and sales engineers
- Be responsible for our demo products such that they are always fully functional and ready to ship
- Perform research and write technical notes about new innovative uses of spectrometers
You are likely to have the following background and skills:
- A Master Degree in Engineering/Physics/Optics
- Experience from working in an optics laboratory
- Experience with hardware-near programming of instruments in C++ (preferably also LabVIEW and Matlab/Python)
- Good understanding of basic analog and digital electronics
- Analytic approach and experience with data analysis in for instance Excel or Matlab
- You work independently and carefully complete work tasks on time
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written English
- Outgoing and knows how (and likes) to communicate with customers
We offer an exciting position in a small, yet expanding company with a solid economy and an open and honest company culture.
Please send your application to Margot Kjerulff at email@example.com.
If you would like to learn more about the position you are welcome to contact Thomas Rasmussen, VP of Sales and Marketing, on phone: +45 4434 7019 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: May 17th.
Ibsen Photonics A/S’ core technology is the design and manufacture of optical diffraction gratings and spectrometers. We supply gratings to companies and research institutions worldwide and build them into highly efficient, compact spectrometer modules, which we sell to leading instruments manufacturers worldwide.
Ibsen Photonics employs 50 people in Farum, Denmark, and is owned by Foss A/S, a world leader in analytical solutions for the agricultural industry, with an annual turnover exceeding 2 Billion DKK and more than 1.400 employees.