Application Specialist – OEM Spectrometers
This is your chance to help solve real-life technical challenges every day!
Ibsen Photonics is growing rapidly and we are looking for an Application Specialist for our spectrometer business unit in Farum, Denmark. Our customers are medium to large international instrument-manufacturers that integrate our spectrometers into their instruments. The physical interfaces to our products are typically USB and SPI on the electronics side and fiber optics on the optical side. As an Application Specialist one of your primary tasks will be to help our customers with their electronics, software and optics development during integration of our spectrometers. This also requires that you research and test new technical solutions on your own initiative. After an initial training period in, you will become responsible for global application support to our customers and sales engineers. You should expect some level of international travel and conference participation once the COVID-19 situation allows.
Your primary tasks will be the following:
- Analysis and trouble-shooting of customer reported issues – including reproduction of the issues in our laboratory
- Write documentation for best practice use of our products – including coding of small software examples
- Communication via email, phone, and face-to-face meetings with our customers and sales engineers
- Be responsible for our demo products such that they are always fully functional and ready to ship
- Perform research and write technical notes about new innovative uses of spectrometers
You likely have the following back-ground and skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Physics/Optics
- Experience from working in an optics laboratory
- Experience with hardware-near programming of instruments in C++ (preferably also LabVIEW and Matlab/Python)
- Good understanding of basic analogue and digital electronics
- Analytic approach and experience with data analysis in for instance Excel, Matlab or Python
- Work independently and carefully completes work tasks on time
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Outgoing and knows how (and likes) to communicate with customers
We are offering an exciting position in a small, yet expanding company with a solid economy and an open and honest company culture.
If you believe you are the right candidate for the position, please send an application including your CV to Margot Kjerulff (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you want more information about the position please call Thomas Rasmussen, Director of Product Management, on +45 4434 7019.
Deadline for applications: Jun 30th, 2021
About Ibsen Photonics
At Ibsen Photonics we focus on our customers. We have ambitious growth plans, and were recognised a Gazelle company in both 2018 and 2019. We work actively with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and strive to make our business fully sustainable.
You will join a company that employs 68 people at our facility in Farum, and sold for more than 120 MDKK in 2020.
Ibsen Photonics is majority owned by Foss A/S, a world leader in analytical solutions for the agricultural industry, with an annual turnover of 2 Billion DKK and more than 1.400 employees.