Envision yourself being part of the team that makes the most advanced transmission gratings in the world. Ibsen is looking for an engineer to develop and improve our products and processes.
Do you want to make a difference in a rapidly growing business? Do you want to work with cutting edge technology and products for a broad range of industries? Are you a strong professional and a good colleague? Then we might have a position for you.
Ibsen is a global leader in design and manufacture of transmission gratings and spectrometers. We have 5-doubled our turnover since 2014, reaching sales of 180 MDKK in 2022. We employ 90 people at our R&D and manufacturing facility in Farum, north of Copenhagen. We work closely with our customers to create value adding solutions, and work continuously to make our business as competitive and sustainable as possible.
Ibsen is ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified, and will be certified according to ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 in 2023.
Join a competent grating R&D team
As a global leader we continuously focus on improving performance in manufacturing of prototypes, pilot series and volume productions. We are currently looking for an experienced profile, who can add new knowledge and experience to the team and help us become even better. The R&D team plays a central role in assuring manufacturing processes are in place or being developed to facilitate effective handover to scale up for volume manufacturing. We continuously develop new products in collaboration with customers, and we have a high ratio of prototypes and pilot series.
You can look forward to:
- Leading product from concept idea to final customer product, including smooth NPI (new product introduction)
- Structuring our data and using them to identify improvements and opportunities
– in collaboration with colleagues
- Participating in development and maintenance of our data infrastructure
- Using statistical techniques to determine optimal process windows of both existing and new processes
- Developing and specifying measurement methods and processes for production
- Driving and participating in root cause analysis
- Sharing data and knowledge and engaging actively in dialogues with competent colleagues
- Being part of a great team
The team is looking for a professional and a good colleague
We are looking for this set of skills:
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience, preferably from a large volume manufacturer
- Hands-on experience with either production or R&D
- A background from nanotechnology and/or photonics
- Proactive and able to take the lead – project lead experience is a plus
- You thrive as part of a cross functional team where dialogue leads to results
- A structured and fact-based approach
- You have proven analytical and problem-solving skills that enable well-founded decisions.
- Experience with statistics and common data science approaches.
- Advantage if you have knowledge of and programing skills in Labview and/or Python
- You speak and write English, and you are willing to learn Danish, if you don’t master it already.
You have grit and a strong drive to make a difference, and you bring your good mood and sense of humour with you to work every day. You are curious and pragmatic, and work toward common results. You enjoy respectful discussions with your colleagues. You thrive in an informal team, enjoy a busy working day, and can manage multiple tasks in parallel.
Why choose Ibsen?
We offer a challenging position in a rapidly growing company with strong finances and an open and honest company culture. Customer focus permeates our organisation, and you will be part of a well-run and flat organisation, where decision-making and execution is key. We have a professional and informal work environment, and our employees take pride in what they do. Flexible working hours are part of the job.
If you believe you are the right candidate for the position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. We are looking to recruit as soon as possible but will keep the positions open until we have found the right candidates. If you want more information about the positions, please call Bettina Wismann on +45 6190 0880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Ibsen Photonics
Ibsen’s core technology is optical transmission gratings and grating based spectrometers, which we design, manufacture and supply to customers worldwide. Our spectrometers find their way into medical devices and scientific instruments used in sustainable energy, industrial, pharmaceutical, life sciences, security, and many other applications.
We work closely with our customers to create value adding solutions, sharing our extensive technical knowledge in an open and honest work environment with a flat “Scandinavian” hierarchical structure.
You will join a rapidly growing company employing 90 people at our facility in Farum, just north of Copenhagen, and realising a turnover of more than 180 MDKK in 2022. We work actively with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and strive to make our business fully sustainable.
Ibsen Photonics is majority owned N. Foss & Co. A/S, a world leader in analytical solutions for the agricultural industry, with an annual turnover of 2.5 Billion DKK and more than 1.800 employees.