Envision yourself helping to solve real-life technical challenges every day
Are you passionate about the application of optical modules, and where these can be used to solve real-life technical challenges?
Are you getting energy from working directly with customers?
…and are you looking for an opportunity to support an already successful business on their efforts to reach new heights?
Then we might have a position for you.
We are looking for an Application Specialist to help our customers integrate our high quality, industrial-grade spectrometer modules in their various instruments. Our customers are major global scientific, medical, industrial and pharmaceutical instrument manufacturers located all over the World.
You’ll be part of an organization that have five-doubled its sales since 2014, to reach 141 MDKK in 2021, and employ 85 people at our R&D and manufacturing facility in Farum, Denmark. We have ambitious plans to grow the business further – Plans where you will play a key role.
The role of Application Specialist
Reporting to the VP of Sales at Ibsen, you will be working closely with the sales representatives, our internal R&D team, and our customers technical experts to ensure we deliver most value. For you to be able to do so, we expect you have the necessary curiosity to research and test new technical solutions on your own initiative. After an initial training period, you will become responsible for global application support to our customers and sales representatives. You should therefore expect some level of international travel and conference participation.
As an Application Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Analysis and trouble-shooting of customer reported issues – including reproduction of the issues in our own facilities
- Writing documentation for best practice use of our products – e.g. including coding of small software examples
- Communication via email, phone, online, and face-to-face meetings with our customers and sales representatives
- Research and writing of technical notes about new innovative uses of spectrometers
You’ll join a team of 2 other Application Specialist, 3 Sales representatives, and 3 Sales & Marketing Coordinators.
You likely have the following background and skills:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Engineering/Physics/Optics
- Experience from working in an optics laboratory
- Experience with hardware-near programming of instruments in C++ (preferably also LabVIEW and Matlab/Python)
- Good understanding of basic analogue and digital electronics
- Analytic approach and experience with data analysis in for instance Excel, Matlab or Python
- Work independently and carefully completes work tasks on time
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Outgoing and knows how to, as well as enjoys to, communicate with customers
We are offering an exciting position in a small, yet expanding company with a solid economy and an open and honest company culture.
If you believe you are the right candidate for the position, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking to recruit as soon as possible but will keep the position open until we have found the right candidate.
If you want more information about the position please call Morten Harmsen, VP of Sales, on +45 4434 7036.
We look forward to hearing from you.
About Ibsen Photonics
Ibsen’s core technology is optical transmission gratings and grating based spectrometers, which we design, manufacture and supply to customers worldwide. Our spectrometers find their way into medical devices and scientific instruments used in sustainable energy, industrial, pharmaceutical, life sciences, security, and many other applications.
We work closely with our customers to create value adding solutions, sharing our extensive technical knowledge in an open and honest work environment with a flat “Scandinavian” hierarchical structure.
You will join a rapidly growing company that employs 85 people at our facility in Farum, just north of Copenhagen, ands realized a turnover of more than 140 MDKK in 2021. We work actively with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and strive to make our business fully sustainable.
Ibsen Photonics is majority owned N. Foss & Co. A/S, a world leader in analytical solutions for the agricultural industry, with an annual turnover of 2.5 Billion DKK and more than 1.800 employees.